Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Suppress [TCP segment of a reassembled PDU] in COL_INFO

Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 11:05:11 +0100

That is correct. All of the frames flagged as '[TCP segment of a reassembled PDU]' are part of two DICOM PDUs

> However, given that it's the finishing segment of a PDU, at a layer above TCP,
> and thus would have information about *that* PDU, the fact that it also
> happens to be the first TCP segment of the PDU following that PDU is not of
> interest.

Ok. I can agree to that. This is the behavior since I know it, and I kind of assumed that
it job of the next level dissector to deal with it.

> Note that, except in the first paragraph, I didn't use the name "DICOM" - i.e.,
> this isn't a problem with DICOM, it's a problem with the TCP dissector; that's
> where the "[TCP segment of a reassembled PDU]” is generated, and that's
> where it needs to be suppressed.
>
> Please file a bug on that (and don't speak of it as a DICOM-specific problem,
> as the same problem could occur with any other protocol that runs over TCP).

I've submitted  bug 15494 and attached the .pcap in question.