Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark on Kali linux

From: Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 10:08:12 +0100
> This would mean that they'd have to build Wireshark differently from the default way it's built, using the "package for systems that run everything as root" option.  That means a standard Debian package, built to run on a system where you *don't* run everything as root, so that you can leave the safety checks in place, won't be appropriate for Kali.

I was thinking to something like maintaining a list of debian derivative that have just the root account (the version checked with lsb_release) and run something on them during the installation phase.

> - use something else other than error() when disabling dofile()
> (something that won't generate such a disruptive dialog window for example).

That was my first try. Something like error -> warning, but I didn't find anything useful. Are you aware of something?