Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Raspberry

From: "Geoff Lee" <geoff.lee99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 10:52:09 +1100

Hi there Jean Pierre

As already suggested, if you want an up to date version of Wireshark / tshark on the Raspberry Pi, compile from source is the way to go.

It requires patience though (compilation takes several hours, during which time the RPi becomes totally unresponsive!).  And you have to set up the build environment first.

With lots of help (thanks again) from folk on this list I did manage it, about 4 months ago.  You may find some helpful tips in this

(rather long) gist that I wrote for myself. https://gist.github.com/Geoff99/fd7d1e68134cdca5742fa54821f79212

Good luck

Geoff