Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] use -M parameter lead to auto shut down

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 19:07:22 +0000

What version of tshark are you using and on what platform?  Perhaps you could provide “tshark -v” output?  If you’re not using the latest stable version (currently version 2.6.5), you could try updating.  If you are using the latest stable version, then you might want to file a bug about this on the Wireshark bug tracker here: https://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/.

For the record, I tried this on my system using “tshark -M 100” to cause sessions to be reset very quickly over and over, but I could not reproduce the problem.  Here are the details of the version of Wireshark I’m running:

TShark (Wireshark) 2.6.5 (v2.6.5)

Copyright 1998-2018 Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and contributors.

License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html>

Compiled (64-bit) with WinPcap (4_1_3), with GLib 2.42.0, with zlib 1.2.11, with

SMI 0.4.8, with c-ares 1.14.0, with Lua 5.2.4, with GnuTLS 3.4.11, with Gcrypt

1.7.6, with MIT Kerberos, with MaxMind DB resolver, with nghttp2 1.14.0, with

LZ4, with Snappy, with libxml2 2.9.4.

Running on 64-bit Windows 10, build 17763, with Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1505M v5

@ 2.80GHz (with SSE4.2), with 16225 MB of physical memory, with locale

English_United States.1252, with WinPcap version 4.1.3 (packet.dll version

4.1.0.2980), based on libpcap version 1.0 branch 1_0_rel0b (20091008), with

GnuTLS 3.4.11, with Gcrypt 1.7.6, binary plugins supported (16 loaded).

Built using Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 (VC++ 14.15, build 26730).

- Chris