Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Function getaddrinfo() vanished in one of the later commits.

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2019 09:56:33 -0800
On Jan 5, 2019, at 7:29 AM, hdv <henri.de.veer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, I assume there *could* be a binary (static) lib distributed with Wireshark, so it is not the case apparently. So I don't have to search for the problem there. The makefiles refer to "GLIB2_LIBRARIES" I assumed these to be the standard library.

They're not.

Wireshark is built with many external libraries:

	1) the "system libraries" - libc on most UN*Xes, libSystem on macOS (just a name difference), and a bunch of libraries on Windows;

	2) the Glib libraries from the GTK+ project;

	3) Qt, if the program being built is Wireshark;

	4) various other libraries.

GLIB2_LIBRARIES just refers to the Glib libraries.

> So probably I need to add the correct library to "target_link_libraries" (via the *_LIBS var) but which library name is it?

Try wsutil.  That's linked with the Winsock libraries on Windows, and most if not all of the *other* extcap programs are built with it; it may be required by the common extcap code.