Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Function getaddrinfo() vanished in one of the later commits.

Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 17:22:16 +0100
On 4-1-2019 12:59, hdv wrote:
Hi,

In the extcap plugin I'm developing I used the getaddrinfo() call to resolve hostnames. This should be favorable over gethostname() which is actually deprecated AFAIK.
Ofcourse I mean: gethostbyname().

The previous commit I was developing on was around june 14th, 2018 (27a1906c582b..) where it still worked, now after rebasing to the latest master commit (29bfeccc8db0..) I see the function is vanished.

This is the link error I get:

anagate-core.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_getaddrinfo referenced in function socket_open [c:\development\wsbuild64\extcap\anagate.vcxproj]

I can't find any header file where it is defined. It should be somewhere in glibc.

Do I need to add some glibc config option in the CMakeLists.txt or anywhere else?

PS: I need it for the Windows build.

regards,

Henri