Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Unit tests for dissectors

From: Atli Guðmundsson <atli@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 23:30:28 +0000
Hi,

I've recently created reviews for:
  • an update of the ASTERIX dissector to support Category 019
  • unit tests of the Category 019 support
  • generic unit test dissection validator (used by the above unit tests)
I will soon add support for Category 020 and would like to know if I'm on the right track with the unit tests approach so that I can add on top of this or if I should go another way?

This is because during my development I could only find a small set of unit tests for existing dissectors, but no extensive ones.
I was thus also wondering if there was a particular reason for this?
Or if I just overlooked something?

The reviews that I created are:

Atli Guðmundsson

Software Engineer