Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] I have a 5.8GB capture and it is taking an enormous amount of ti

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 17:16:55 -0800
Hi Folks,

How is the work coming along to speed up Wireshark?

It has taken 20 minutes or more to load this monster (looks like about
5M packets) and I dread making searches through it.

The Wireshark process is only consuming about 1.7GB of memory at the
moment and 17% of CPU on my laptop with NVMe and oodles of memory and
a 4-core Xeon.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe