Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] clarification on 802.11 dissector

From: francisco javier sanchez-roselly <franciscojavier.sanchezroselly@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 15:46:41 +0100
hi All, i am checking some 802.11 frames and i have two doubts taking into account 802.11-2016 standard.

the first one has to do with To DS and From DS bits. the dissector groups these bits as a ‘DS status’ field not defined in the standard. the meaning is clear, but in my opinion, this association breaks the endianness criterion for the rest of the frame fields.

my other suggestion refers to FCS field, as standard says the general convention is not followed for this field, and the highest order term is transmited first.

please ask you to guide me if i am missing something. otherwise, i will be glad to contribute with any change in the code.

thanks, regards.

francisco javier sanchez-roselly