Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New dissectors for BACnet-APDU (packet-bacapp.c)

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 13:39:27 +0100

On 29 Nov 2018, at 19:27, Jonathan Fleming <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

my name is Jonathan and I am currently working for Optigo Networks in Vancouver, BC. I recently added several new dissectors to the BACnet-APDU protocol for my company, all contained within the packet-bacapp.c file. The list of dissectors I added are as follows:
  • bacapp.present_value
  • bacapp.notify_type
  • bacapp.object_name
  • bacapp.to_state
  • bacapp.from_state
  • bacapp.error_class
  • bacapp.error_code
This is still a work in progress, and some more testing will be done before any kind of pull request is made. I'm reaching out to everyone here to let you know I have been working on this and probably will create a pull request in the near future if everything looks valid. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns!

Sincerely,
Jonathan Fleming

Hi Jonathan,

To get things going in the right direction you may want to start off with the following.
1. Create a bug in our bugzilla.
Set the Version to 'Git’, the Severity to ‘Enhancement’ and the Status to ‘IN_PROGRESS’.
The description should contain the intended work to be added, e.g., as listed above.
This bug allows for attaching sample captures as well, used in regression testing.
2. Review the Wiki about creating and submitting patches: https://wiki.wireshark.org/CreatingPatches
3. If not already, prepare an account on Gerrit, our code review site: https://code.wireshark.org/review

Good luck,
Jaap