Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Looking for a base32_encode

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 11:47:57 +0100
Hi Antoine,

Le jeu. 29 nov. 2018 à 10:26, Antoine d'Otreppe <a.dotreppe@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
Makes sense.

I had a look at a few sample implementations, the algorithm looks rather lengthy and error-prone. What's your policy on including source code from other open source projects? Which would be the best option?

1. pull code from another library (and then where do I put the copyright notice ?)

You can put the copyright notice at the beginning of the C file. But pelase ensure that the license is compatible with GPL2 or later (see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses and https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#AllCompatibility)

2. implement a new one in wireshark

Cheers,
Antoine