Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] What's wrong with %ll ?

From: Antoine d'Otreppe <a.dotreppe@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 21:08:47 +0000
Hi devs :)

Small pickle here. Can you enlighten me? Travis clang builds complain about my format strings not using the right placeholders:

```
../epan/dissectors/packet-syncthing.c:156:57: error: format specifies type 'long' but the argument has type 'gint64' (aka 'long long') [-Werror,-Wformat]
        proto_item_set_text(header, "Instance ID: %li", instance_id);
                                                  ~~~   ^~~~~~~~~~~
                                                  %lli
```

"Well that's all fine, I can fix it", says I.
But wait, now that I put %lli, I can't commit anymore because the pre-commit hook is not happy:

```
$ git commit -m "Fixed more int errors"
Error: Found %ll in epan/dissectors/packet-syncthing.c
```

What should I do here?

While on that topic, I also need to format a guint64. What should I use for that?

Cheers,
Antoine