Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] There is a need to know whether an STA is an S1G or a DMG sta et

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 20:47:51 -0800
Hi folks,

More and more ieee802.11 extensions are starting to include IEs that
have different formats depending on whether or not they are S1G
frames, DMG frames or HE frames.

To handle these things more correctly, I am planning on adding a
per-STA hash that allows me to record what type of STA we are dealing
with. The type would be recorded when we first detect the type,
typically when processing BEACON frames.

When we need to dissect frames in ways that are different depending on
the actual type of STA transmitting the frames I will check the STA in
the hash to see how to correctly dissect the frames.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe