Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] wireshark-win64-libs rev 533: /trunk/ /t

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 16:56:58 +0000

Yes, of course.  Thanks again.

- Chris

From: Wireshark-dev [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pascal Quantin
Sent: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 11:19 AM
To: Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] wireshark-win64-libs rev 533: /trunk/ /trunk/packages/: GeoIP-1.6.10-win64ws.zip GeoIP-1.6.6-win64ws.zip /trunk/: README.txt

Hi Chris,

Le mer. 7 nov. 2018 à 17:11, Maynard, Chris <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxx> a écrit :

I was just curious if the removal of these packages is in prepration for updated 1.6.12 packages or if GeoIP support is being removed altogether, and if that's the case, then what might be the reason for that?

we transitioned from the deprecated GeoLite databases (dropped on January 2, 2019) to the MaxMindDB format (GeoLite2 databases) that uses the libmaxminddb library through the mmdbresolve command line tool.

This was done for 2.6.0 release.

BR,

Pascal.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is the property of International Game Technology PLC and/or its subsidiaries and may contain proprietary, confidential or trade secret information. This message is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized reading, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.