Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Its possible to build and run wireshark from IDE

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 16:52:01 +0000
On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 at 16:39, Tomer Bar <tomer.turmanbar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I a new in wireshark development,
can you tell me if its possible to import the all source code to eclipse?build it?debug it?and run it?
otherwise, there is any IDE that can do it?

That's not directly supported but as we use CMake to generate the build files and that has support for a number of generators that do produce IDE build files it might be possible.  See here for the list of CMake generators: https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.13/manual/cmake-generators.7.html

i want to expose the validation of the display filter and use it like service?
any idea?

I think that display filters are somewhat integral to the Wireshark dissection engine so that might be difficult to break out.

Tnx,
Tomer

--
Graham Bloice