Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] wireshark-win64-libs rev 533: /trunk/ /t

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 17:18:49 +0100
Hi Chris,

Le mer. 7 nov. 2018 à 17:11, Maynard, Chris <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxx> a écrit :
I was just curious if the removal of these packages is in prepration for updated 1.6.12 packages or if GeoIP support is being removed altogether, and if that's the case, then what might be the reason for that?

we transitioned from the deprecated GeoLite databases (dropped on January 2, 2019) to the MaxMindDB format (GeoLite2 databases) that uses the libmaxminddb library through the mmdbresolve command line tool.
This was done for 2.6.0 release.

BR,
Pascal.