Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Is there a need for a 0, NULL element at the end of value string

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 08:24:45 -0700
Hi folks,

I have always put a {0, NULL} element on the end of value strings, but
it seems the lua code for constructing value strings when you use
ProtoField(..., some_value_string) does not terminate the list with an
empty element, and my test did not cause a crash.

Rather, I got an "unknown" field as expected.

Can anyone confirm they are not needed?

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe