Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Broken links to visual studio

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2018 15:47:36 -0700
On Oct 13, 2018, at 6:01 AM, Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 11:04:51AM +0100, basil tungekar wrote:
>> There are broken links in the dev guide to Visual studio. In particular the
>> VS 2010 links
>
> VS 2010 is no longer supported, VS 2015 or newer is recommended. In
> meantime the WSDG has been updated.

I've removed all mention of VS 2010 (other than noting that older releases were built with it) from the WSDG in the master and 2.6 branches, because we now allow some C99 features in code, and VS 2013 was the first version to support them; I don't even mention VS 2013 in the master branch, as CMakeLists.txt rejects it.