Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Windows dumpcap -i TCP@<IP>

From: James Ko <ko_2_73@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 17:58:54 +0000
Can I petition for this as a fix rather than a feature since the -i TCP@ works in the Linux builds but not in Windows?

James

From: Wireshark-dev <wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 10:38
To: Developer support list for Wireshark
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Windows dumpcap -i TCP@<IP>

Ignore my last, I was confusing the change with another.  The Release policy still applies though.
On Wed, 3 Oct 2018 at 18:36, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 3 Oct 2018 at 18:31, James Ko <ko_2_73@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just to follow up.  I created bug #15149 and submitted a fix for review 29894 based on master.

Do I need to create a separate patch if I need this included in the next 2.6.x release?

Arguably this is a feature and so would not be a candidate for backport to 2.6.  See the Release Policy wiki page: https://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/ReleasePolicy

Core devs handle the backport if there is one.

James