Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [pcap-ng-format] Proposal for storing decryption secrets in

From: Michael Richardson <mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 19:43:04 -0400
Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > Requirements for block placement:
    > - No requirement. Producers are allowed to write the block anywhere.
    > Disadvantages for consumers: requires a two-pass scan to collect
    > secrets before they are used.

I prefer this, but I would support having a flag in the block that
says that no other blocks exist in the file until at least X-bytes.

So, a producer (or something downstream of it), could scan for the
blocks, move them to the front, and indicate how far into the file it cover.
Naturally, if X >= file size, then the work is done.

]     mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [