Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Pointers needed for building Wireshark 2.6.3 on a Raspberry

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 11:05:44 -0700
On Sep 11, 2018, at 5:11 PM, Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hmmm, now that I have looked at your CMakeError.log, it looks like
> maybe you need a newer version of cmake.

The only things I'm seeing in CMakeError.log are:

	indications that the compiler doesn't support certain warning flags;

	indications that the target doesn't have Heimdal Kerberos;

	indications that the target doesn't have a version of libpcap/WinPcap/Npcap that has pcap_open();

	indications that the target doesn't happen to have sys/sockio.h;

	indications that the target doesn't have a getopt()/getopt_long() that has an optreset variable;

	indications that the target doesn't have an issetugid() system call;

	indications that the target has a struct sockaddr that doesn't have an sa_len field;

	indications that the target has a struct stat that doesn't have an st_flags field;

	indications that the target has a struct stat that doesn't have st_birthtime field;

	indications that the compiler for the target doesn't support SSE 4.2 with -msse4.2.

I.e., indications that they're probably using GCC to compile for a non-*BSD system that doesn't have Heimdal Kerberos and that doesn't have an x86 processor.  None of those indications, with the *possible* exception of the lack of Heimdal Kerberos, are surprising, given that they said they're compiling for Linux on a Raspberry Pi.