Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Is there any way to specify remote interfaces with tshark?

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 13:55:11 +0000

The dumpcap man page[1] mentions the syntax for remote capturing, but the tshark man page[2] does not.  It probably should.

The same goes for "dumpcap -h" output:

Usage: dumpcap [options] ...

Capture interface:

  -i <interface>           name or idx of interface (def: first non-loopback),

                           or for remote capturing, use one of these formats:

                               rpcap://<host>/<interface>

                               TCP@<host>:<port>

vs. "tshark -h":

Usage: tshark [options] ...

Capture interface:

  -i <interface>           name or idx of interface (def: first non-loopback)

- Chris

[1]: https://www.wireshark.org/docs/man-pages/dumpcap.html

[2]: https://www.wireshark.org/docs/man-pages/tshark.html