Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building RPM proprietarry plugin including math.h fails
From: Anders Broman <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 10:22:01 +0200

Den ons 29 aug. 2018 kl 09:12 skrev Guy Harris <[email protected]>:
On Aug 28, 2018, at 10:03 PM, João Valverde <[email protected]> wrote:

> And if my plugin calls requires libfoozbar that's an automatic libwireshark dependency then?

If you're assuming that libwireshark uses libfoobar, you are making a mistake, unless "footer" is spelled "glib" or "c".

> Or doesn't call C math functions,

Then your plugin doesn't need to be linked with libm.

> Point is any library is already available to plugins.

If you link with it.  Don't assume libwireshark is guaranteed to be linked with any libraries other than "the system libraries" and "glib".

Just for the record adding
target_link_libraries("plugin" epan ${M_LIBRARIES})
in the plugin CMake file solved the problem.
Thanks

Regards
Anders