Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building RPM proprietarry plugin including math.h fails

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 00:11:52 -0700
On Aug 28, 2018, at 10:03 PM, João Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And if my plugin calls requires libfoozbar that's an automatic libwireshark dependency then?

If you're assuming that libwireshark uses libfoobar, you are making a mistake, unless "footer" is spelled "glib" or "c".

> Or doesn't call C math functions,

Then your plugin doesn't need to be linked with libm.

> Point is any library is already available to plugins.

If you link with it.  Don't assume libwireshark is guaranteed to be linked with any libraries other than "the system libraries" and "glib".