Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building RPM proprietarry plugin including math.h fails

From: João Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 06:03:28 +0100

On 29/08/18 05:53, Guy Harris wrote:
On Aug 28, 2018, at 9:27 PM, João Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 29/08/18 05:15, Anders Broman wrote:

If indeed that is the problem (very likely) the decision to make these libraries PRIVATE was intentional because the only external linkage requirement that I saw was glib.
Yes this was the problem as I suspected yesterday, it just took a while to verify as I had to delete the build directory to have the cmake changes take effect. Another question

It's not a bug in Wireshark, it's a bug in your build, IMO.

If your plugin calls C math functions, the "math library" is an external linkage requirement; some platforms have a separate "math library", some don't.  M_LIBRARIES should be set as necessary by the CMake module for libm.

And if my plugin calls requires libfoozbar that's an automatic libwireshark dependency then? Or doesn't call C math functions, why should my plugin be force to link with libm? Point is any library is already available to plugins.