Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Gerrit problems ?

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 13:40:11 +0200

> On 8 Aug 2018, at 12:39, Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Dylan.
>
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2018 at 10:01:38AM +0200, Peter Wu wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 07, 2018 at 09:30:38PM -0400, Dylan Ulis wrote:
>>> Anybody else having Gerrit issues after the upgrade? Under Profile, my
>>> username is blank. When I try to re-enter my old username I get "Code
>>> Review - Error. Username must contain only letters, numbers..."
>>
>> There appears to be an issue, likely affecting users who authenticate
>> through Google. For some reason new accounts were created depending on
>> the authentication method. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.
>
> Githun and Google accounts were not properly migrated, that should be
> fixed now. Seven other users accidentally created a new account (you,
> Craig, Robert and four other core developers), those are deleted now.
>
> Let us know if you see any problems, thanks!

I’m not sure what to make of this but I noticed the following:
After having a (rather unremarkable) change (28995) accepted and merged by Anders (thanks Anders!) I received the usual two emails about this (Code-Review +2, Merged). The remarkable thing is that the emails have an impressive Reply-To list, with all kinds of people on them, who, apart from Anders, have not shown any interest in this change.
Before the upgrade this was only the party performing the actions who was stated in the Reply-To header.

Thanks,
Jaap