Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Display more digits for NTP packet's root dispersion

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2018 14:19:42 -0700
On Aug 6, 2018, at 4:20 AM, Martin Burnicki <martin.burnicki@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As far as I have seen, proto_tree_add_double() seems to add a double
> value to the output tree,

*All* doubles use the same format string.  The part of the format string for the number is

	"%." G_STRINGIFY(DBL_DIG) "g"

DBL_DIG is 15 with macOS/Xcode, so that should be %.15g, which should show more than 4 digits.

Do you have a capture file that shows this problem, so I can see how the field displays on my machine?

What is DBL_DIG on the machine that build the version of Wireshark you're using?