Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Display more digits for NTP packet's root dispersion

From: Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2018 16:24:54 +0200

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 1:20 PM Martin Burnicki <martin.burnicki@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think to do this would be easy for someone who is a bit familiar with
the wireshark source code. However, I'm new to this stuff so I can
potentially get it wrong unless I'm doing quite a bit of investigation
first. ;-)

Don't be afraid of getting wrong. The patch will go through a code review, and usually more than one developer review it.

If you can confirm that this approach could be appropriate, I can
continue to investigate, and try to create and submit the patch.

I'm not a NTP guru, but afaik the approach seems good.

> Otherwise, your best bet is bugzilla. Which login issues are you
> experiencing?

When I started to look at the wireshark project I first saw "gerrit".
Never heard of this before, but I could sign in using my github account
which is assiociated with my private email address,
martin.burnicki@xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Then I tried to create account on bugzilla with that private email
address, and bugzilla said a confirmation email had been sent. However,
that email never arrived.

Did you check the spam folder?

Eventually you (or the email admin) can find out why this happens.

I don't have access to the infrastructure, but others can check.