Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] ZigBee APS re-assemble with re-used sequence number

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 20:03:58 +0200
Hi,

Not burdened by any ZigBee domain knowledge I would say that a seq# rollover would require a clearing of the non-reassembled fragments. But not all of them because we could still be in the process of reassembling the part of the stream with the not-yet rolled over seq#. A sliding window of non-reassembled fragments, of about half the seq# range, moved forward by the next received seq#, could be sufficient. All in all this would be an extension of the generic reassembly routenes, assuming they are used...

Thanks,
Jaap