Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] error building wireshark-2.6.2 on RHEL 7.3

From: "Shahar Keren (shkeren)" <shkeren@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 17:06:34 +0000

Thanks for your replies

Regarding Richard's suggestion -

I am using gcc 4.8.5-11.

yum upgrade did not work, seems I have latest by my available yum repos.

I am having exact same issue when working against git master repo.

Regarding Maynard's suggestion -

Thanks, found ./autogen.sh on the downloaded tar.gz source code (not in git repo), and that procedure got me going.​

As a last step, is there an official method/script to include relevant files in /bin /sbin /lib /lib64 etc so that #wrieshark will point to this newly built version ?

Shahar