Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Retrieving dissection result from another dissector

From: Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 10:39:05 +0200

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 9:53 AM Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there some reason to forbid dissectors called by the dissector for the next protocol in the stack to fetch that data?

No. My concern was: if the stack is

IP/TCP/MYPROTO1/MYPROTO2/MYPROTO3

and myproto3 gives back some info, and myproto2 consumes it, maybe myproto1 could check if the upper proto has given something back, and it could get confused by the fact that it finds something that comes from myproto3 instead of myproto2. But actually, the type should solve the issue.
--
Naima is online.