Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark Installer on mac grew in size

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 17:59:37 -0700
On Jun 25, 2018, at 5:42 PM, Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We just noticed in the Den, that the current installer on mac osx for 2.6.1 has grown in size. It currently installs around 577 mb, mostly due to the fact, that it get's shipped with the dSYM files for libwireshark. Removing those, will result in around 148 mb of space used.
>
> Has somebody an idea on where to tackle the issue?

Perhaps:

	provide some way to provide the dSYM files as a download;

	if possible, find something to symbolicate the crash dumps, using the build that crashed and the dSYM files for them, so we can turn a less-helpful unsymbolicated crash dump into a much-more-helpful symbolicated crash dump, showing line numbers.