Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] How code recognizes that processing of all packets with tap was

From: Jirka Novak <j.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 00:14:12 +0200
Hello,

  I'm using tap interface. During packet callback I create per packet
structure. I use this structure during draw callback.
  My question is when I can release this structure? I mean when I can be
sure it will not be used any more - after call of draw last time?

  Documentation (doc/README.tapping) says that draw callback can be
called multiple times during capture processing (e.g. for Qt it is
called every 2-3 seconds). Therefore I can't release such structure
during call of draw.
  Documentation says that reset callback is called only when capture is
reread.
  Therefore I can't find a place/callback which is called once per
capture analysis and after the last packet in capture.

  What is correct way to recognize that capture processing with tap was
finished?

						Best regards,

							Jirka Novak