Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to test sharkd?

From: Jirka Novak <j.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 22:57:21 +0200
Dear Michal,

> There is a lack of documentation.

  thank you for quick response.

  As coincidence I'm working on unifying rtp related stuff - most of it
is not published yet. I briefly analysed rtp part of sharkd code and I
see many parts taken from ui/* which introduces code duplication.
  Won't be good idea to share the code with wireshark? E.g. create
ui/sharkd/ (like ui/cli/), use common code and just read/write JSON in
sharkd?
  I'm aware it might require to create library code extracted from all
ui/ to be able to reuse it - it is my current activity.

  I may try to do so, but I don't know purpose (understand client side)
of sharkd. Therefore I'm afraid to changing it...

						Best regards,

							Jirka Novak