Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Windows builds on appveyor

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 09:36:47 +0100
On Thu, 7 Jun 2018 at 07:54, Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi
I'm trying to set up an automated windows builder on appveyor.

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/crondaemon/wireshark

I've followed the windows build instructions except for one step: "2.2.10. Open a Visual Studio Command Prompt". Since this is a CI, I can't open a visual studio prompt.

The cmake step looks good, but when the build starts I get

error MSB4126: The specified solution configuration "RelWithDebInfo|win64" is invalid. Please specify a valid solution configuration using the Configuration and Platform properties (e.g. MSBuild.exe Solution.sln /p:Configuration=Debug /p:Platform="Any CPU") or leave those properties blank to use the default solution configuration. [C:\Development\wireshark\build\Wireshark.sln]

I tried different commands

msbuild /m /p:Configuration=RelWithDebInfo Wireshark.sln
msbuild /m /p:Configuration=RelWithDebInfo /p:Platform="Any CPU" Wireshark.sln
msbuild /m /p:Configuration=RelWithDebInfo /p:Platform="win64" Wireshark.sln
msbuild /m Wireshark.sln
msbuild /consoleloggerparameters:PerformanceSummary;NoSummary /maxcpucount Wireshark.sln

but none of them succeeded. Looking into windows master buildbot logs didn't show anything useful. Any idea on what's going on and/or solutions?
Thanks
Dario.
--

I have an old appveyor branch in my repo at home which worked at the time, but needs some TLC as it was for VS 2013 and had to install the Cygwin AsciiDoc package which is no longer required. See here: https://github.com/gbloice/wireshark/blob/appveyor/appveyor.yml

Note the (commented out) entry at the bottom of the file that enables RDP at the end of a build to allow you to connect and poke around.

--
Graham Bloice