Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Switch to C++11 or C++14

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 10:51:54 -0700
On 6/1/18 2:37 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

> However, the problem with Ubuntu may be that the compiler in the version of Ubuntu running on the buildbot may be old enough that it doesn't *default* to C++11, so we may have to explicitly *ask* for C++11 in the CMake files.

The main and fuzz test builders run Ubuntu 16.04 and have the stock gcc (5.4.0) installed. The fuzz builder additionally has clang 5.0.2 installed from the LLVM apt repository. I'm planning on upgrading the main Ubuntu builder to 18.04 this week, which will give us gcc 7.3.0. I plan on upgrading the fuzz builder as well, but that probably won't happen until July.

The macOS builder has clang 3.1 installed, so we'd have to upgrade it before mandating C++11 or 14.