Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 2.6.1 is now available

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 11:09:21 -0700
On 5/24/18 7:29 AM, Peter Wu wrote:
> On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 04:23:48PM +0200, Michal Ruprich wrote:
>> Hi, could you please add the news into the release notes online?
>
> It is there:
> https://www.wireshark.org/news/20180522.html
> https://www.wireshark.org/docs/relnotes/wireshark-2.6.1.html
>
> The security advisory links in the mail and on the website look weird
> though. Could it be related to the new documentation toolchain
> (AsciidoctorJ)?

It is related, specifically due to AsciiDoc allowing dashes in macro names, but not underscores[1] and AsciiDoctor 1.5.7 and earlier allowing underscores, but not dashes[2]. In the release notes we use macros for links to bugs, security advisories, and CVE IDs. In 2.2 and 2.4 the names have dashes (ws-buglink, ws-salink, and cve-idlink) and in 2.6 and later they have underscores. I ended up copying some dash-named macros into the 2.6.1 release notes.

[1] http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/chunked/ch21.html
[2] https://github.com/asciidoctor/asciidoctor/issues/2620