Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] extcaps not showing up under windows

From: Kenneth Soerensen <knnthsrnsn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 11:01:35 +0200
The problem seems to have been introduced in this commit:

commit 68ec514b5f63e09a1628df321c0e5240edd54edc
Author: Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Wed May 9 14:25:44 2018 +0200

    wsutil: null-terminate string in ws_read_string_from_pipe (CID: 1364684).

    Change-Id: I713e7466843e5ccaa7252744c57c7ac4c7020809
    Reviewed-on: https://code.wireshark.org/review/27422
    Reviewed-by: Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Petri-Dish: Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Tested-by: Petri Dish Buildbot
    Reviewed-by: Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Pascal

I do not think it is the preferences.

It looks like it is a bug introduced somewhere between e39a30b6 and 2dfce3b5. I am currently doing a GIT bisect and hope to have a revision within a few hours.

/Kenneth

Hi Dirk,