Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [External] Re: Problem building a dissector for 2.6

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 13:32:54 +0000

Yes, that’s the right place to put plugin dissectors now.

In general, I think it’s a good idea to revisit your plugins whenever there’s a minor (or major) version update, because things often do change.  I recommend a review and comparison of your files vs. those of a Wireshark-supplied plugin such as gryphon, since that’s the one referenced in doc/README.plugins.

$ grep "gryphon epan" CMakeLists.txt

add_plugin_library(gryphon epan)

target_link_libraries(gryphon epan)

install_plugin(gryphon epan)