Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [External] Re: Problem building a dissector for 2.6

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 19:40:58 +0000

You could also try explicitly building the documentation, i.e., with all_guides.vcxproj to see if the documentation builds properly before attempting to build the NSIS prep and installer?  The Windows Server 2016 x86 buildbot does this, although the Windows Server 2016 x64 buildbot does not for whatever reason.  The buildbots are here by the way: https://buildbot.wireshark.org/wireshark-master/waterfall.

If you didn’t install asciidoctorj, then it might be worth re-reading Section 2.2, “Win32/64: Step-by-step Guide”, from the Wireshark Developer’s Guide (https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html); asciidoctorj is mentioned in section 2.2.8.

Regarding custom_plugins.txt, you’re almost right.  The example should read:

;File "${STAGING_DIR}\plugins\${VERSION_MAJOR}.${VERSION_MINOR}\epan\foo.dll"

- Chris