Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Problem building a dissector for 2.6

From: Andy Ling <Andy.Ling@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 15:01:49 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to update to Wireshark 2.6 building for Windows 64bit. I have a custom GIOP dissector which was previously built for Wireshark 2.2.5

The dissector is in the file packet-q_quentin.c and I have copied that file to the epan/dissectors directory.

First, adding it to the CMakeListsCustom.txt file in epan/dissectors causes a build error – packet-q_quentin.c does not exist, except it does.

I have run cmake with a clean build directory and it still fails. So there seems to be a problem with the custom cmake list stuff.

To try and move on, I added my dissector to the CMakeLists.txt file. This now builds the dissector, but I get a link error saying unresolved symbol sprintf (which is used in my dissector).

I’m using Visual Studio 2015

So what do I need to do to make the custom cmake list work and how do I fix the link error.

Thanks for any help

Regards

Andy Ling