Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wpa test failure

From: Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 14:05:41 +0200
I'm playing with the test suite (make test-programs && make test). I hit a test that doesn't pass on ubuntu 14.04, but passes on 16.04. The test is test_80211_wpa_tdls

This puzzles me a lot and I'd like to have some clues if someone has any. Basically the problems seems that the wpa keys are not properly loaded on 14.04.

Reproducer:
mkdir -p /tmp/fakehome/.config/wireshark/
cp test/config/80211_keys.tmpl /tmp/fakehome/.config/wireshark/80211_keys
HOME=/tmp/fakehome/ ./build/run/tshark -o 'wlan.enable_decryption: TRUE' -r test/captures/wpa-test-decode-tdls.pcap.gz -Y icmp

The test checks the output for 2 matching lines. On 14.04 the above command doesn't print anything, because nothing gets decrypted. On 16.04 it outputs 2 icmp lines.
Any idea?
Dario.