Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Ways to make Wireshark tarball

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 16:45:52 +0200

On 8 May 2018, at 14:20, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 8 May 2018 at 13:11, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi list,

In autotools times (i.e., 2.6.x) I was used to run:

$ make dist

to get a Wireshark source code tarball.
It looks like CMake wants to offer something similar

$ cmake ../ -DWS_SOURCE_DIR=“/tmp/wireshark”
$ make dist

But this fails over unreachable target ‘package_source’.
So, is this even supposed to work?
It uses cmake/modules/Dist.cmake, a module gone from the master.
Do we now fall back to tools/git-export-release.sh?
What am I missing here?

--
Graham Bloice

Indeed, for master.

What about master-2.6? There the autotools tarball build is used on the buildbot.
How is it supposed to work there with CMake?

Thanks,
Jaap