Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Feature: option to open windows as tabs

From: Michał Łabędzki <michal.tomasz.labedzki@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 12:23:42 +0200
> One last (but important) argument is screen size. A lot of people have big screens now. The tabbed approach for the main window really only makes sense on smaller screens.

Also, I have a big screen, but it is my feature. I really want to
collect windows in one place to speed up work (like "where is my
window?"). If I need I still can Detach tab and move it to another
monitor.

"Dockable windows" is also fine, but support multiple capture files
will be not comfortable (how to do it?). There is a need to open... at
least new window to see packet list, etc. like before. Of course, the
option to dock it on the right of the previous packet list is will
also nice to have.

> I think tabs for the main window is the wrong approach and will alienate a lot of users

What do you mean by "alienate"? There is already the option that makes
users different from another one: Preferences -> Layout. Please do not
try to force users to use only one way.

What is wrong with tabs those are optional?