Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] libpcap min version for Wireshark 3.0?

From: Anders Broman <a.broman58@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 14:56:34 +0000

Den tors 26 apr. 2018 16:22Maynard, Chris <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxx> skrev:

FYI: RHEL7 (7.2) ships with libpcap 1.5.3-8 and I’m told the latest RHEL7 (7.5) ships with 1.5.3-11.

- Chris

If I remember correctly the discussion was regarding some arkaic version (0.9.x) used on SuSE 11. For which we did some changes in autotools. Not sure if we do for cmake. Just thought we could request something with the same time line in the distributions as the other restrictions we impose like glib 2.32.