Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] SPEC files

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 10:47:06 -0700
On 4/24/18 7:16 AM, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 3:28 AM, Anders Broman
> <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's correct. Supporting Autotools and CMake from the same .spec.in seemed like an exercise in frustration, especially given that we were planning on dropping Autotools.

> Hmmm, that is weird. Normally, a SPEC file goes in the SPECS
> directory. Can we relocate them? (It is not mandatory, just a
> convention.)
>
> Do the tools generate the SPEC file in the correct place?

CMakeLists.txt creates packaging/rpm/{BUILD,RPMS,SOURCES,SPECS,SRPMS} in your build directory and generates <build dir>/packaging/rpm/SPECS/wireshark.spec from <source dir>/packaging/wireshark.spec.in. The other packaging/* directories simply contain the files necessary to build their respective packages. With that context in mind the dangling SPECS subdirectory seemed odd.