Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] RPM generation

From: Anders Broman <a.broman58@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 15:15:10 +0000

Den tis 10 apr. 2018 23:11Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx> skrev:

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 4:53 PM, Anders Broman <a.broman58@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Den tis 10 apr. 2018 21:15Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx> skrev:
Update on building the RPM on centos:

- asciidoctor pkg is called rubygem-asciidoctor.noarch

I think we should add this name in Findasciidoctor.cmake

Ok.

- ninja is called ninja-build both in pkg name (as in debian/ubuntu) and in executable (differs from debian/ubuntu)
- the build script calls directly ninja, then the build fails. I've fixed this by adding a symlink from ninja-build to ninja

Did you build with ninja rather than with "Unix makefiles"?

Yes. I don't think it's a big deal, but I use ninja for my regular build, so I took this way.

If you could try the Unix build that would be helpful to find out if that fails.

Except from the manual actions above, the rpm build succeeded. I can try to fix some of them, but there are some issues still pending I can't figure out myself:

Is the rpm build platform expected to be one? If yes, which one? If no, do we want to support all the flavors? It seems that different flavors require different package names (link in asciidoctor). I can be hard to be portable in this way.
I did not find an rpm with asciidoctor for suse12.2 so I downloaded the gem files as descriptions from the asciidoctor site. I have not figured out how to make cmake find it. Not sure if it's related to rpm- package failing.

I can give it a run on openSUSE.