Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] master d347091: Qt: Fix MacOSX menu entr

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 10:16:27 +0800
There is general support for dropping autotools on master (after fixing the rpm build).

But I'll rewrite the patches for 2.4 and 2.6 to add a compile switch, so that the patch only applies if it is build with cmake. Adding Objective-C builds to auto tools seems pointless at this point, to me at least.

 regards
Roland

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 3:49 AM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Apr 9, 2018, at 8:44 AM, Wireshark code review <code-review-do-not-reply@wireshark.org> wrote:

> Submitter: Roland Knall (rknall@xxxxxxxxx)
> Changed: branch: master
> Repository: wireshark
>
> Commits:
>
> d347091 by Roland Knall (rknall@xxxxxxxxx):
>
>    Qt: Fix MacOSX menu entries

This doesn't built with autotools.

Autotools already has problems with Qt on macOS, and I think there was some talk about abandoning autotools support in 3.0; is it time to get rid of autotools support, at least in the master branch, in general, or even just on macOS (there's no Windows autotools support to get rid of)?