Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Question about building WSDG

From: Craig Jackson <cejackson51@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 20:30:27 -0400
I'm trying to submit some edits to the WSDG. I'm testing them against the HTML version.

If I change on of the source asciidocs and execute:

C:\development\wsbuild64>msbuild docbook\developer_guide_html.vcxproj

Only developer-guide.xml gets rebuilt.

If I make another change to the same file and run:

C:\development\wsbuild64>msbuild docbook\all_guides.vcxproj

Then the following files get rebuilt:

developer-guide.xml
developer-guide.chm
developer-guide.pdf
user-guide.chm

It also takes quite a while longer.

I have to use /t:rebuild to get it to actually rebuild the chunked html files, which are the ones I'm accustomed to looking at.

I'm still learning Cmake, msbuild, and vcxproj files, but this seems like a bug. Would entering a bug be appropriate?

Craig Jackson