Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] 2.6 branch planning and post-branch changes

From: Anders Broman <a.broman58@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 22:49:55 +0100

Den 14 mars 2018 9:54 em skrev "Roland Knall" <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>:
Big +1!

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 9:46 PM, Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Gerald,

I plan on releasing 2.5.1 tomorrow and I've tentatively scheduled creating the 2.6 branch on April 2, followed by 2.6.0 on April 18.

As discussed previously we'll drop support for Qt 4 and GTK+ in the master branch after master-2.6 is created. Unless there are strong objections I'd like to bump the minimum GLib version to 2.32.

+1

I'd also like your opinion on doing the following:

Deprecating or removing Autotools. We'd need generate source tarballs using another method, e.g. tools/git-export-release.sh.

+1
No opinion

Shipping the Windows installers with Npcap.

+1 (or alternatively propose both Npcap and Winpcap in installer). We should also prefer Npcap over WinPcap if both are installed (right now we prefer WinPcap).

Where are we on licensing?

Renaming protocols to match current reality, e.g. "bootp" to "dhcp" and "ssl" to "tls".

No objections.
/Anders

Regards,
Pascal.